Saturday, July 14, 2012

Doublet and Venetians

Keith went to his 4 month Dr apt this past Friday, he is now 15 lbs & 26.5 inches long! He is rolling, and we have started on solid foods, so far he likes peaches, apple sauce & Hobo Beans.

My patterns for both the doublet and Venetians are based on using a body block created by his current clothing. I found a tutorial on this process and found using it quite helpful. I then took each pattern and compared it to various ones in Patterns of Fashion to adjust the look & fit.

I decided to make a mockup of each piece.  For the doublet I used a piece of linen/wool that I hope to use as a second doublet and adjusted pattern as needed. Once cut out it was fairly easy to assemble.

The venetians I did the same thing with, I cut them out of a cotton velveteen that I hope I can use for a second pair. It’s always good to have a back up pair of pants for Keith if we are going to be away from home for more than 4 hours.

And here is the prototypes all together….I must say I think this will look very good once they are all done.

At his first fitting I found I need to add about 2 inches to the doublet to get it to fit over his little tummy.
The venetians I need to take about an inch & ½ off the legs to get them at knee length. For the shirt I need to move the button bar down closer to the bottom of the neck slit, it is a little snug to get over his head yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment